Summary of Year-end Deadlines and Contact Information
Departmental Business Officers will process invoices received in the current year by April 25, 2018.
For queries pertaining to supplier’s invoices, call 8-6593.
Request for wire payments pertaining to current fiscal year expenses should be submitted to the Financial Services Department (FSD) no later than April 20, 2018. If this deadline cannot be met, please ensure an accrual is made (refer to fiscal year-end closing procedures).
All wire payment requests received between April 23, 2018 and April 30, 2018 will be processed on May 1, 2018, and expensed in the next fiscal year.
For queries pertaining to wire payments, call 8-2800.
- Settlement of all accountable advances due on or before April 30 should be settled with FSD no later than April 18, 2018
- New accountable advance requests will be processed by FSD as follows:
- For recording prior to the current year-end close, must be received by FSD no later than April 18, 2018
- Requests not received prior this deadline will be processed once AMS is available for the next fiscal year processing
For queries pertaining to accountable advances, call 8-2800.
Petty Cash & Imprest Bank Accounts
- Reimbursements must be processed by Departmental Business Officers no later than April 23, 2018
- Requests for changes to accounts for the current fiscal year (i.e. closing, opening, increasing) must be submitted to FSD no later than April 13, 2018
For queries pertaining to petty cash and imprest bank accounts, call 8-2511.
Journals should be submitted to Lou Ranalli, 215 Huron Street, 2nd floor, no later than April 20, 2018.
For queries pertaining to year-end accruals, call 8-8185.
Purchase Orders over $100,000
Requests for procurements estimated at or above $100,000 require an open (public) competitive procurement process. This may take approximately 15-20 weeks (including the open posting period) to complete the procurement process from inception to award, depending on the nature and complexity of the project. Open competitive procurement requests received after February 16, 2018 may not be completed prior to the April 30, 2018 fiscal year end.
Similarly, all Procurement Policy Exemptions requests submitted after February 28, 2018 may not be completed prior to April 30, 2018, if they do not meet the exemption criteria. See Limited Tendering and Non-Application for more information.
Start the open competitive bid process by completing the Competitive Bid Request form. For more information, please call Shauna Hipwell at 416-978-7025.
Purchase Orders over $25,000
Requests for purchases over $25,000 require a Purchase Order accompanied by a minimum of three quotes. These requests can take up to 5 business days to review for Procurement Policy compliance. This includes cancellations or adjustments to current Purchase Orders.
Please submit these requests to immediately, and no later than end of day Thursday, April 12, 2018. For more information, please call Eric Foremski at 416-978-2236.
Purchase Orders over $5,000
Requests for purchases over $5,000 require a Purchase Order accompanied by two quotes and can be processed directly into FIS as usual. Please note that the final cheque run is scheduled for Tuesday, April 24, 2018.
FIS Vendor Setup and Change Requests
Requests for FIS vendor setup or changes can take more than the standard five (5) business days to process during this busy time of year. Please submit these requests to immediately, and no later than end of day Thursday, April 12, 2018. For more information, please call Shauna Hipwell at 416-978-7025.
Purchases through uSOURCE
uSOURCE will not be available for order placement from 7:00 pm on April 25, 2018 until 9:00 am on May 1, 2018. We recommend you order supplies in advance of Wednesday, April 25, 2018. For more information, please call Phil Larprom at 416-946-5622.
Other Processing Activity
Accounts Receivable Invoices
Invoices should be submitted to Accounts Receivable, 215 Huron Street, 2nd floor no later than April 20, 2018.
For queries pertaining to accounts receivable, call 8-2073.
Journal entries can be processed by Departmental Business Officers right up to the close of the AMS system (April 25, 2018 at 7:00pm). Please review and post any outstanding PARKED documents.
For queries pertaining to journal entries, call 8-8185.
For current fiscal year recording:
- Deposits made with the Cashier must be received by the Cashiers office no later than April 23, 2018 at 5:00 pm (This requires departments NOT to process cash receipts in FIS which will not reach the Cashiers office by the above submission deadline)
- Deposits made directly with the bank must be recorded in FIS no later than April 25, 2018 at 12:00 pm, and the banking reports and backup documentation received by the Cashier no later than April 25, 2018 at 3:00 pm.
For the next fiscal year recording:
- Deposits and processing can resume on April 27, 2018 (Reminder: Change the posting date to May 1, 2018 on April 27 through April 30, 2018, otherwise posting will be blocked)
For queries pertaining to cashier/bank deposits, call 8-2144.
All donations requiring processing for the current fiscal year must be received by Donations Management, 21 King’s College Circle, no later than April 20, 2018 at 5:00 pm.
For queries pertaining to donations, call 8-0811.
Data Management / Central Processing Activities
GR/IR Clean Up
Requests to maintain impacted goods receipt documents as “active” to be submitted to Russell Smith, 215 Huron Street, 2nd floor no later than March 23, 2018.
The program to reverse impacted goods receipt documents to be run March 27, 2018.
For queries pertaining to GR/IR clean up, call 8-2511.
New Master Record Requests for Funds Centers
All requests to set up and activate new FCs for the current fiscal year must be received by April 13, 2018. All requests received after this date will be activated for the next fiscal year.
For queries pertaining to new master record requests for funds centers, please call your FAST Team Representative.
AMS System Availability
In order to accommodate fiscal year-end closing, the following summarizes the AMS system availability during the week prior to year-end closing:
- Wednesday, April 18, 2018 – system open until 1:00 am (next day)
- Thursday, April 19, 2018 – system open until 1:00 am (next day)
- Friday, April 20, 2018 – system closed for “Copy Plan to Budget” at 7:00 pm
- Saturday, April 21, 2018 and Sunday, April 22, 2018 – system open regular hours on the weekend
- Monday, April 23, 2018 – system closed for monthly payroll phase 1 and bi-weekly payroll at 6:00 pm
- Tuesday, April 24, 2018 – system closed for monthly payroll phase 2 at 5:00 pm
- Wednesday, April 25, 2018 – system is open until 7:00 pm
Closed for current fiscal year processing at 7:00 pm on April 25, 2018
- No processing will be possible in any of the AMS supported systems (i.e. uSOURCE, HRIS, etc.) during the shut down period.
- The RPT instance will be available at 7:00 am April 26, 2018.
Re-open for the next fiscal year processing at noon (12:00 pm) on April 27, 2018 (except uSOURCE and the Capital Projects Portal)
- Reminder that posting dates need to be set to May 1, 2018 to permit posting on April 27 through April 30, 2018.
For more information on the impact of the year-end closing dates on reporting and processing, please refer to the Year End System Availability between system close and May 1.
For queries pertaining to AMS system availability, call 8-2802.
Year-end Reporting Deadlines and Training Support
Divisional Operating Reserve Reporting
Divisional operating reserve report should be submitted to Lou Ranalli at no later than May 4, 2018.
For queries pertaining to divisional operating reserve reporting, call 416-978-8185 or contact your FAST team representative.
Year-end training sessions will be held as follows:
Year-end Operating Reserves:
Session #1 – Tuesday, April 24, 2018 (1:30 pm to 3:30 pm)
To register go to: FIS:RP:Year-end Operating Reserves
Session #2 – Wednesday, May 2, 2018 (1:30 pm to 3:30 pm)
To register go to: FIS:RP:Year-end Operating Reserves
For queries pertaining to training support, call 416-978-4675