Summary of Year-end Deadlines and Contact Information
Departmental Business Officers will process invoices received in the current year by April 26, 2019.
For queries pertaining to supplier’s invoices, email
Request for wire payments pertaining to current fiscal year expenses should be submitted to the Financial Services Department (FSD) no later than April 23, 2019. If this deadline cannot be met, please ensure an accrual is made (refer to fiscal year-end closing procedures).
All wire payment requests received between April 24, 2019 and April 30, 2019 will be processed on May 1, 2019, and expensed in the next fiscal year.
For queries pertaining to wire payments, email
- Settlement of all accountable advances due on or before April 30 should be settled with FSD no later than April 18, 2019
- New accountable advance requests will be processed by FSD as follows:
- For recording prior to the current year-end close, must be received by FSD no later than April 18, 2019
- Requests not received prior this deadline will be processed once AMS is available for the next fiscal year processing
For queries pertaining to accountable advances, email
Petty Cash & Imprest Bank Accounts
- Reimbursements must be processed by Departmental Business Officers no later than April 23, 2019
- Requests for changes to accounts for the current fiscal year (i.e. closing, opening, increasing) must be submitted to FSD no later than April 15, 2019
For queries pertaining to petty cash and imprest bank accounts, email
Accrual journal entries should be submitted to Lou Ranalli, 215 Huron Street, 2nd floor, no later than April 23, 2019.
For queries pertaining to year-end accruals, call 416-978-8185.
Purchase Orders over $25,000
Requests to release Purchases Orders over $25,000 can take up to 5 business days to review for Procurement Policy compliance. This includes adjustments to current Purchase Orders. Purchase Orders must be submitted for review no later than end of day Friday, April 12, 2019.
For more information, please call Eric Foremski at 416-978-2236.
Purchase Orders over $5,000
Purchase Orders over $5,000 can be processed directly into FIS as usual. Please note that the final cheque run is scheduled for Wednesday, April 24, 2019.
Procurement Policy Exemptions
Procurement Policy Exemption (Limited Tendering and Non-Application) requests submitted after April 5, 2019 may not be completed prior to April 30, 2019.
For more information, call Shauna Schwartz at 416-978-7025.
FIS Vendor Setup and Change Requests
Requests for FIS vendor setup or changes can take more than the standard five (5) business days to process during this busy time of year. Please submit these requests to no later than end of day Friday, April 12, 2019.
For more information, please call Katrina Koo at 416-978-1403.
uSOURCE will not be available for order placement from 5:00 pm on April 26, 2019 until 9:00 am on May 1, 2019.
For more information, please call Phil Larprom at 416-946-5622.
Other Processing Activity
Accounts Receivable Invoices
Invoices should be submitted to Accounts Receivable, 215 Huron Street, 2nd floor no later than Tuesday, April 23, 2019.
For queries pertaining to accounts receivable, call 416-978-2073.
Journal entries can be processed by Departmental Business Officers right up to the close of the AMS system (April 26, 2019 at 7:00 pm). Please review and post any outstanding PARKED documents.
For current fiscal year recording:
- Deposits made with the Cashier must be received by the Cashiers office no later than Wednesday, April 24, 2019 at 5:00 pm (This requires departments NOT to process cash receipts in FIS which will not reach the Cashiers office by the above submission deadline)
- Deposits made directly with the bank must be recorded in FIS no later than Friday, April 26, 2019 at 12:00 pm, and the banking reports and backup documentation received by the Cashier no later than Friday, April 26, 2019 at 3:00 pm.
For the next fiscal year recording:
- Deposits and processing can resume on Monday, April 29, 2019 (Reminder: Change the posting date to May 1, 2019 on April 29 through April 30, 2019, otherwise posting will be blocked)
For queries pertaining to cashier/bank deposits, call 416-978-2144.
All donations requiring processing for the current fiscal year must be received by Donations Management, 21 King’s College Circle, no later than Monday, April 22, 2019 at 5:00 pm.
For queries pertaining to donations, call 416-978-0811.
Data Management / Central Processing Activities
GR/IR Clean Up
Requests to maintain impacted goods receipt documents as “active” to be submitted to Russell Smith, 215 Huron Street, 2nd floor no later than March 25, 2019.
The program to reverse impacted goods receipt documents to be run March 26, 2019.
For queries pertaining to GR/IR clean up, call 416-978-2511.
New Master Record Requests for Funds Centers
All requests to set up and activate new FCs for the current fiscal year must be received by April 18, 2019. All requests received after this date will be activated for the next fiscal year.
For queries pertaining to new master record requests for funds centers, please call your FAST Team Representative.
AMS System Availability
In order to accommodate fiscal year-end closing, the following summarizes the AMS system availability during the week prior to year-end closing:
- Thursday, April 18, 2019 – system closed at 7:00 pm for “Copy Plan to Budget” (will be available April 19, 2019 at 7:00 am)
- Friday, April 19, 2019 through Sunday, April 21, 2019 – system open regular hours on the long weekend
- Monday, April 22, 2019 – system closed at 6:00 pm (for monthly payroll phase 1 and bi-weekly payroll)
- Tuesday, April 23, 2019 – system closed at 5:00 pm (for monthly payroll phase 2)
- Wednesday, April 24, 2019 – system open until 1:00 am (next day)
- Thursday, April 25, 2019 – system open until 1:00 am (next day)
- Friday, April 26, 2019 – system is open until 7:00 pm
Closed for current fiscal year processing at 7:00 pm on Friday, April 26, 2019
- No processing will be possible in any of the AMS supported systems (i.e. uSOURCE, HRIS, etc.) during the shut down period.
- The RPT instance will be available at 7:00 am April 27, 2019.
Re-open for the next fiscal year processing at 7:00 am on Monday, April 29, 2019 (except uSOURCE and the Capital Projects Portal)
- Reminder that posting dates need to be set to May 1, 2019 to permit posting on April 29 through April 30, 2019.
For more information on the impact of the year-end closing dates on reporting and processing, please refer to the Year End System Availability between system close and May 1.
For queries pertaining to AMS system availability, call 416-978-2802.
Year-end Reporting Deadlines and Training Support
Divisional Operating Reserve Reporting
Divisional operating reserve report should be submitted to Lou Ranalli at no later than May 6, 2019.
For queries pertaining to divisional operating reserve reporting, call 416-978-8185 or contact your FAST team representative.
A year-end training session will be held as follows:
Year-end Operating Reserves:
Wednesday, April 24, 2019 (9:30 am to 11:30 am)
To register go to: FIS:RP:Year-end Operating Reserves
For those interested in learning more about Negative FM Balances, see the following Training Slides for Negative Balances.
For queries pertaining to training support, call 416-978-4675