Go to Main menuGo to Content

Non-Payroll Payments

Expand All | Collapse All

What are the expense reimbursement rates (per diem allowance)?

Refer to the Guide to Financial Management section Reimbursement Rates.

How do I pay honoraria?

All transactions must be examined on their own merits by the paying department to determine the correct processing method and legal reporting requirements. The reference guide “Income Tax Guide: Employee or Independent Contractor” is a useful tool for all financial officers when making a determination as to whether a particular payment is taxable, and how to process. In addition, for payment processing options please refer to the HRIS document Updating T4A/T4A NR payments. If additional guidance is required, please contact the Manager, Payroll Services at 416-978-2814.

When can I use an Accountable Advance?

Accountable advances are generally only to be used for travel or subject payments. Only in rare situations where no other payment options are available can an accountable advance be used for non-travel expenditures.

For more information on accountable advances, please refer to the Guide to Financial Management section Accountable Advances.