Summary of Year-end Deadlines and Contact Information
Departmental Business Officers will process invoices received in the current year by April 28, 2020.
For queries pertaining to supplier’s invoices, email
Request for wire payments pertaining to current fiscal year expenses should be submitted to the Financial Services Department (FSD) no later than April 23, 2020. If this deadline cannot be met, please ensure an accrual is made (refer to fiscal year-end closing procedures).
All wire payment requests received between April 24, 2020 and April 30, 2020 will be processed on May 1, 2020, and expensed in the next fiscal year.
For queries pertaining to wire payments, email
- Settlement of all accountable advances due on or before April 30 should be settled with FSD no later than April 20, 2020
- New accountable advance requests will be processed by FSD as follows:
- For recording prior to the current year-end close, must be received by FSD no later than April 20, 2020
- Requests not received prior this deadline will be processed once AMS is available for the next fiscal year processing
For queries pertaining to accountable advances, email
Petty Cash & Imprest Bank Accounts
- Reimbursements must be processed by Departmental Business Officers no later than April 23, 2020
- Requests for changes to accounts for the current fiscal year (i.e. closing, opening, increasing) must be submitted to FSD no later than April 13, 2020
For queries pertaining to petty cash and imprest bank accounts, email
Accrual journal entries should be submitted to Lou Ranalli, 215 Huron Street, 2nd floor, no later than April 23, 2020.
For queries pertaining to year-end accruals, call 416-978-8185.
Purchase Orders over $5,000
Purchase Orders over $5,000 can be processed directly into FIS as usual. Please note that the final cheque run is scheduled for Monday, April 27, 2020.
Purchase Orders over $25,000
Requests to release Purchases Orders over $25,000 can take up to 5 business days to review for Procurement Policy compliance. This includes adjustments to current Purchase Orders. Purchase Orders must be submitted for review no later than end of day Friday, April 17, 2020.
For more information, please call Eric Foremski at 416-978-2236.
Procurement Policy Exemptions
Procurement Policy Exemption (Limited Tendering and Non-Application) requests submitted after April 10, 2020 may not be completed prior to April 30, 2020.
For more information, please call Eric Foremski at 416-978-2236.
FIS Vendor Setup and Change Requests
Requests for FIS vendor setup or changes can take more than the standard five (5) business days to process during this busy time of year. Please submit these requests to no later than end of day Friday, April 17, 2020.
For more information, please call Katrina Koo at 416-978-1403.
uSOURCE will not be available for order placement from 5:00 pm on April 28, 2020 until 9:00 am on May 1, 2020.
For more information, please call Phil Larprom at 416-946-5514.
Other Processing Activity
Accounts Receivable Invoices
Invoices should be submitted to Accounts Receivable, 215 Huron Street, 2nd floor no later than Thursday, April 23, 2020.
For queries pertaining to accounts receivable, call 416-978-2073.
Journal entries can be processed by Departmental Business Officers right up to the close of the AMS system (April 28, 2020 at 7:00 pm). Please review and post any outstanding PARKED documents.
For current fiscal year recording:
- Deposits made with the Cashier must be received by the Cashiers office no later than Friday, April 24, 2020 at 5:00 pm (This requires departments NOT to process cash receipts in FIS which will not reach the Cashiers office by the above submission deadline)
- Deposits made directly with the bank must be recorded in FIS no later than Tuesday, April 28, 2020 at 12:00 pm, and the banking reports and backup documentation received by the Cashier no later than Tuesday, April 28, 2020 at 3:00 pm.
For the next fiscal year recording:
- Deposits and processing can resume on Friday, May 1, 2020.
For queries pertaining to cashier/bank deposits, call 416-978-2144.
All donations requiring processing for the current fiscal year must be received by Donations Management, 21 King’s College Circle, no later than Wednesday, April 22, 2020 at 5:00 pm.
For queries pertaining to donations, call 416-978-0811.
Data Management / Central Processing Activities
GR/IR Clean Up
Requests to maintain impacted goods receipt documents as “active” to be submitted to Linda Wong, 215 Huron Street, 2nd floor no later than March 24, 2020.
The program to reverse impacted goods receipt documents to be run March 26, 2020.
For queries pertaining to GR/IR clean up, call 416-946-5526.
New Master Record Requests for Funds Centers
All requests to set up and activate new FCs for the current fiscal year must be received by April 21, 2020. All requests received after this date will be activated for the next fiscal year.
For queries pertaining to new master record requests for funds centers, please call your FAST Team Representative.
AMS System Availability
In order to accommodate fiscal year-end closing, the following summarizes the AMS system availability during the week prior to year-end closing up to year-end closing:
- Monday, April 20, 2020 – system open until 1:00 am (next day)
- Tuesday, April 21, 2020 – system closed at 6:00 pm (for bi-weekly payroll)
- Wednesday, April 22, 2020 – system closed at 6:00 pm (for monthly payroll phase 1)
- Thursday, April 23, 2020 – system closed at 5:00 pm (for monthly payroll phase 2)
- Friday, April 24, 2020 – system closed at 7:00 pm for “Copy Plan to Budget” (system will be available April 25, 2020 at 7:00 am)
- Saturday, April 25 and Sunday, April 26, 2020 – system open regular hours on the weekend
- Monday, April 27, 2020 – system open until 1:00 am (next day)
- Tuesday, April 28, 2020 – system is open until 7:00 pm
Closed for current fiscal year processing at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, April 28, 2020
- No processing will be possible in any of the AMS supported systems (i.e. uSOURCE, HRIS, etc.) during the shut down period.
- The RPT instance will be available at 7:00 am May 1, 2020.
System will re-open for next fiscal year processing at 7:00 am on Friday, May 1, 2020 (except uSOURCE and the Capital Projects Portal which open at 9:00 am)
For more information on the impact of the year-end closing dates on reporting and processing, please refer to the Year End System Availability between system close and May 1.
For queries pertaining to AMS system availability, call 416-946-3153.
Year-end Reporting Deadlines and Training Support
Divisional Operating Reserve Reporting
Divisional operating reserve report should be submitted to Lou Ranalli at no later than May 6, 2020.
For queries pertaining to divisional operating reserve reporting, call 416-978-8185 or contact your FAST team representative.
A year-end training session will be held as follows:
Understanding Year-end Operating Reserves:
Wednesday, April 15, 2020 (10:00 am to 11:30 am)
To register go to: Understanding Year-end Operating Reserves
For those interested in learning more about Negative FM Balances, see the following Training Slides for Negative Balances.
For queries pertaining to training support, call 416-978-4675