- This event has passed.
4. GL Account Postings: Basic Data Entry
October 19, 2016 @ 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Duration: 3.5 hours
Format: Lecture, Demonstrations + Hands-on Practice Activities
This course is designed for new Financial Information Systems (FIS)users, and focuses on how to effectively post financial transactions using the G/L Account Posting screen.
Particular attention will be paid to processing Internal Revenues and Expense Recoveries.
- Identifying the appropriate FIS screen for each financial transaction
- Processing Internal Revenues and Expense Recoveries
- Correcting posting errors using Journal Entries
- Displaying or changing an existing financial document
- Processing and handling Cash Receipts
Pre-requisites: It is highly recommended that this course be completed after the preceding Standard Curriculum courses.
SecurID card/e-Token – For this particular course the attendee should have a SecurID card or e-Token and ensure that the card is activated. If you do not have a SecurID or e-Token assigned to you, please inform the instructor and someone will log you in when you arrive. Information on obtaining and activating an e-Token can be found at the following link.