- This event has passed.
7. Logistics Part 2 – Goods Receipts & Invoice Receipts
September 1, 2016 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Duration: 7 hours
Format: Lecture, Demonstrations + Hands-on Practice Activities
This course is designed for all Financial Information Systems (FIS) users who will be processing Purchase Orders (PO).
Specifically, it provides an overview of Goods Receipts (GR) and Invoice Receipts (IR), how and when to process them and making adjustments to each when necessary.
- Understanding the receiving process
- Creating, changing and reversing GRs and IRs in FIS
- Returning goods to the vendors
- Tracking GRs in departmental accounts
- Processing adjustments to IRs (e.g., Stop Payments, IR Reversals and Credit Memos)
Prior to taking this course, review the following supporting document to get a overview of the Purchasing Cycle:
- The Purchasing Cycle at the University
Pre-requisites: It is highly recommended that this course be completed after the preceding Standard Curriculum courses, particularly the Logistics Part 1 course.
SecurID card/e-Token – For this particular course the attendee should have a SecurID card or e-Token and ensure that the card is activated. If you do not have a SecurID or e-Token assigned to you, please inform the instructor and someone will log you in when you arrive. Information on obtaining and activating an e-Token can be found at the following link.