- This event has passed.
FIS Workshop – Correcting Negative FM Balances
April 12, 2017 @ 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm
A negative FM balance occurs when your Funds Center(s) have spent or committed more money than exists in your budget for a give fiscal year. These negative FM balances are more often than not due to payroll transactions that have hit a Funds Center that does not have available budget dollars.
This workshop introduces the sources of negative FM balances using various FIS reports, and how to correct these balances at the end of a fiscal year.
- What is a negative FM balance?
- How to determine the source of a negative FM balance
- FIS reports that identify negative FM balances
- Clearing negative FM balances at the end of a fiscal year
Prior to attending this course, it is recommended that you complete the following FIS Standard Curriculum course:
- FIS Overview
- Basic Funds Management (FM) Reporting
e-Token – not required