- This event has passed.
FIS Workshop – Managing Travel Expenses
February 6, 2017 @ 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm
Duration: 2 Hours
Format: Lecture & Discussion
Processing travel and other reimbursable expenses are some of the most common FIS transactions performed by University staff.
This workshop guides you through the provincial legislation that govern the University’s reimbursement policies, University guidelines as well other information that will aid you when processing reimbursable travel expenses.
- The Ontario Expenses Directive and its impact on University business practices
- General principles and guidelines governing travel expenses
- Approving and authorizing travel plans and expenses
- Methods of payment for reimbursing travel expenses
- Allowable travel and other reimbursable expenses
- Common errors caught by Internal Audit
Prior to attending this course, it is recommended that you complete the FIS Standard Curriculum.