What are the most common deposit errors?
The most common errors for deposits areas follows:
- The deposit form is not properly authorized. The completed form needs to be signed by the authorized approver or delegated signing authority.
- Return envelopes are not provided. A self address return envelope is required for all internal bank deposits. This envelope is then used to return a copy of the bank deposit form with the cashier’s signature as proof deposit was received. This copy is required to be filed in the department for audit purposes.
Timing of deposits.
- When the deposit transaction is processed in FIS, the actual deposit must be delivered to the cashier’s office on the same day.
- GTFM Policy – Deposits with the Cashier
- Forms – Internal Cash Receipt Form
- Forms – Direct Deposit Form
- Reference Guide – Enter Internal Cash Receipts
- Simulation – Enter Internal Cash Receipts
- Reference Guide – Enter Cash Receipts (Direct Deposits)
- Simulation – Enter Cash Receipts (Direct Deposits)
- Reference Guide – Create Cash Receipts for Refundable Deposits