Are you missing line item text and can’t figure out what item was purchased with those funds?
When processing all Accounts Payable, General Ledger and Logistic transactions it is required to enter Line item text with specific explanatory descriptions for each line item which represents one business event.
Each line item is made up of the following fields:
- Specific amounts
- Account numbers
- Description of the transaction via the line item text
By using explanatory line item text it will ensure the monthly reconciliation is done more accurately and efficiently.
If you have discovered that you are missing line item text for a document that has been processed, this can be corrected at any point. See the Document Change QRG located in the Learn More section.
An example of the recommended information to enter in the line item text field is:
- Invoice number
- Vendor Name
- Brief description of transaction
- Training Documentation: Reconciling & Reviewing Month End Statements
- Reference Guide: Change Document
- Simulation: Change Document
- Reference Guide: Enter Invoice
- Simulation: Enter Invoice
- Documentation & Support: Purchase Orders
- FAQ: Purchase Order – Goods Receipts – Invoice Receipts
- Reference Guide: Goods Receipt Create
- Reference Guide: Create Invoice or Credit Memo (PO related)
- Reference Guide: Line Item Text for Split Account Assignment
- Reference Guide: FI Postings Line Item Report by Document Number
- Reference Guide; All Postings Line Items Report
- Reference Guide: Document Change