Things to Consider when Posting an Invoice Payment to Canada Post
The Reference field in the both the FB60 – Enter Vendor Invoice and MIRO – Invoice Receipt (PO related) transactions plays an important role in the cheque production process. It appears on the cheque stub, and helps the vendor identify and apply specific invoice payments from the total cheque amount. If your department processes invoices to Canada Post, it is important to enter the 10-digit invoice number (without any prefixes added) in the Reference field (e.g., 9xxxxxxxxx) and NOT the account number.
Sample Canada Post Invoice:
- Reference Guide: FB60 – Create Invoice
- Simulation: FB60 – Create Invoice
- Reference Guide: MIRO – Create Invoice or Credit Memo (PO related)
- Simulation: How to Check if an Invoice has been Processed if the Document Number is Not Known
- Simulation: Determining the Status of a Cheque, Foreign Draft or Electronic Funds Transfer