To use an OTA vendor account, or to request a permanent vendor account, that is the question?
Should you use an OTA vendor account, or should you request Procurement Services create a new vendor account in AMS? If you are unsure, you are not alone. The choice can be a daunting one and you may be unsure of which will suit your needs.
Using the checklist below can make this a very simple task.
The OTA vendor account should be used only when ALL OF THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS EXIST:
- A vendor account does not exist
- The transaction size does not exceed $9,999.99, pre-tax
- You do not anticipate using the vendor more than once in a fiscal year
In addition to the conditions above, using an OTA vendor account is NOT RECOMMENDED if:
- You will be relying on the supplier to provide warranty or support services for a period greater than 12-months.
- You are purchasing recurring services to be rendered after the payment is made in full.
If you are creating a purchase requisition or purchase order, you MUST use a permanent vendor number.