What supporting documents are required when purchasing a flight or accommodation through a third party booking site (e.g. Expedia)?
The University of Toronto will reimburse for expenses that have been personally incurred by the claimant i.e. the claimant cannot request a reimbursement on behalf of another individual.
- Flight itinerary from the third party booking site provided by the website after payment. If proof of payment by the claimant is not indicated on the third party booking sites’ flight itinerary, then proof of payment (e.g. credit card statement) is required.
- Proof of Travel which includes at least one of the following:
- boarding pass
- hotel bill at the travel destination
- taxi/transit receipts to/from the destination airport/train station
- meal receipts from the travel destination
- certificate of conference attendance
- Order confirmation from third party booking site, showing credit card payment and travel dates for the claimant. If proof of payment by the claimant is not indicated on the third party booking sites’ travel itinerary, then proof of payment (e.g. credit card statement) is required
- Proof of Stay i.e. a detailed statement of guest charges or hotel bill (if hotel bill is not provided it should be requested upon check-out)
Please note that the University does respect the privacy of the claimant. Any personal information on the credit card statement that is not pertinent to the expense claim can be redacted.