Financial Advisory Services and Training
Introduction to the FAST Team Website
The goal of the Financial Advisory Services and Training (FAST) team is to encourage the effective management of University resources through the promotion of sound financial accounting principles combined with the effective and efficient use of the Financial Information System by the users at the University of Toronto.
To that end, along with our contact lists and information on our training sessions, our web site includes a short list of some of the services our Team provides, as well as some quick links to helpful tools, such as the FIS Glossary and Reference guides.
As always, if there are topics or information that you would like to see as part of our web site, or if you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact myself or a F.A.S.T. team representative. I can be contacted at 978-2802 or .
Lorena Gaudio, CPA, CGA
Manager, FAST Team
Financial Services Department
Services Provided by the FAST Team
As part of our mandate, we provide the following services to divisions and faculties:
- Review of existing business processes and procedures used within the departments with a view to finding efficiencies.
- Assistance with the evaluation of financial reporting requirements as well as the gathering of information for management decisions.
- Training of staff on the effective use of the Financial Information System (FIS) through scheduled training sessions and information workshops as well as developing customized training sessions upon request.
- Review of current account structures within FIS to assess whether the current structure best meets the management information and reporting needs of the Division and Faculty.
- Assignment of a Primary and Secondary FAST team representative to each Division and Faculty. To find the representative for your area, please see the list of Faculty Representatives.